At Macomb County Habitat for Humanity, we are always accepting donations! Here are the top 10 items on our Wish List:
- A 20-foot box truck, new or used – Purpose: To pick up donated household and construction items which are then sold in our ReStores.
- A 20-25,000 square foot building on a major street in Macomb County that would be rent free for the first year. We will sign a long-term lease. Building must have open floor space and a delivery bay. Purpose: To be used as a retail store.
- Gas gift cards of any denomination – one of our biggest costs is fuel for our vehicles.
- Donations of tools and other construction-related items – Purpose: To be used to build or rehab homes in Macomb County which will be sold to a partner family who has invested 250 hours of sweat equity and will purchase the home at completion.
- Lunch Donations from Restaurants – We are building at least three days a week with very large groups. We would like to offer the groups lunch and are seeking local restaurants who will take one day a year and make a nice lunch for the volunteers, many of whom will support that restaurant in days ahead.
- People who will pledge a $1 a day for a year – If folks sent us $1 a day or $7 a week; this organization would be able to build more homes! Purpose: Build homes, operating support.
- A truck full of donations, new and used for the ReStores – We would like to have the community fill a truck with new and used items during the month of December for the store and the families we serve. Cash donations are also very welcome!
- Companies who would like to partner with us to build a home from the basement up – Macomb Habitat can build a home for $100,000. Whose company would like to raise $50k and make a house a home?
- New computers
- Items for the ReStore – Best selling items are couches. We appreciate any kitchen=related item, outdoor items, construction-related items. We pick up at no cost to the donor!
Macomb County Habitat for Humanity’s Mission Statement:
Macomb County Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian based, housing ministry that provides low-income, working families the opportunity to purchase safe, decent, affordable housing in which to raise their families. Habitat was founded in the belief that every man, woman, and child should have a decent, affordable place to live, where they may dwell in dignity and safety.
If you have an item you are willing to donate, please give us a call at (586) 263-1540. Thank you for believing in our mission!